all new in the shop today!
October 31, 2013
October 05, 2013
Hello! I haven't blogged here in a while. Here are some of my favorite things in the shop right now. Have a good weekend!
Posted by kathryn at 9:19 AM
August 15, 2013
July 10, 2013
1. vintage black Coach bag 2. vintage floral silk shirt 3.1980s levi's light blue jean shorts 4.vintage brown leather woven flats 7 1/2
vintage high waisted black denim shorts
All new in the shop! I am very excited about my new bust form, it has legs so I will be photographing so many shorts and jumpsuits soon, I have been wanting one forever! I have been so busy lately, I have books stacked up to the ceiling waiting to be read, stressful estate sales I have to wake up way too early for, poodles waiting in line for me to give them summer hair cuts, Im tired just thinking about it. Besides that here are some things I have come across lately that are interesting:
✩ So far I really like this tv show
✩ Tori is wearing a pair of shoes from Secret Lake in this beautiful blog post
✩ I love the idea of this, I think I need one for thrift shopping
✩ This seems like the most perfect backpack, sigh...
✩ I keep meaning to make these but just end up eating the strawberries and coconut as they are and not in popsicle form
Posted by kathryn at 6:11 PM
June 10, 2013
I put together some potential outfits with pieces from the shop, check them out below:
1. 1960s black suede heels 2. 1980s dark green cotton shorts 3. 100% silk black long sleeve shirt deadstock 4. vintage black - brown pebbled leather mini bag
1. black chiffon midi skirt 2.woven leather italian made brown bag 3.vintage black suede ankle strap heels 4. vintage cappuccino silk short sleeve blouse
And here are a couple of sweet pairings:
Posted by kathryn at 3:05 PM
May 19, 2013
New in the shop this week:
1. cat tapestry leather trimmed tote bag 2. navy blue silk tank top size m - l 3. vintage Oleg Cassini blue silk shirt 4. vintage italian made black suede heels size 7.5 - 8 5.vintage deadstock black silk tank top 6. 1980s oversized gym bag tote 7. vintage Ferragamo black velvet block heels 6 8. vintage lilac silk tank top
Posted by kathryn at 10:24 PM
May 14, 2013
1. vintage black silk short sleeve dress 2. vintage army green silk dress 3. vintage black silk mini dress 4. vintage denim dress 5.1980s cotton polka dot dress 6.vintage midnight blue silk t-shirt blouse
7. vintage black floral cropped tie front top 8. 1980s black linen sleeveless dress 9.1980s black sequin dress
A look at whats new in the shop! I recently moved so I have been working hard trying to get back into the swing of things. I moved to the middle of nowhere, I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it just yet. It is very quiet, there are lilacs everywhere and and I've heard there are wild raspberry bushes nearby so that is nice. Being the middle of nowhere means there isn't really anyone to hang out with just yet. I will have to visit the city regularly in order to not lose my mind. One good thing about living here though is estate sales! I've been to a couple already and have found super great things for the shop. The one I went to the other day was so intense, the woman running it decided she liked me better than all the other shoppers which was totally flattering and all, she announced that no one else was allowed in as she pulled me into her deceased mother's closet and shut the door, I got to look through all this amazing vintage clothing while she put on her mascara. Then she started crying and hugged me, I did feel really sorry for her but I was dazed so early in the morning by so much drama. And then there is the whole cooking at home instead of eating out thing, there is no choice really, I think I will have to get better at it. I currently just use two cookbooks, the Angelica Kitchen cookbook and the Candle Cafe cookbook, I'm all about veggie burgers and strawberry shortcake these days. And gardening! I have high hopes for it, I have lots of little seeds starting to sprout and I am hoping I can make that work. So far I've got cucumbers, carrots, sugar snap peas and strawberries. I think I need to get some herbs going.
Posted by kathryn at 9:07 PM