February 12, 2011


Today after attending little Louis' birthday party at the Black Rabbit I went to Vegetarian Dim Sum House in Chinatown to meet up with Josh and Joya. I was unaware that it was Chinese New Years so when I got near the restaurant I was surprised to see the streets so packed and chaotic. There were parades of those big furry dragons that open and close their mouths and confetti was strewn everywhere. Little kids were snapping cherry bombs and tourists were blocking the walkways filming everything with their camera phones. Afterwards we went to an asian vegan grocery store, everything was futuristic and brightly packaged, I was delighted by so much cuteness. I noticed this "Golden Pumpkin Fluff" sitting on a display table, have you ever heard of such a thing? There was a drawing next to it to tell you what it was for, it suggested that you put it on sandwiches or sushi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment