August 20, 2010

Action!

I just did a google image search for televisions, I found this picture and although my story has nothing to do with Alfred Hitchcock I am going to use it just the same. So! Today I had a small part in something that is going to be on television, I worked as the prop stylist for a T.V. commercial! I was very nervous the night before, I could barely sleep. I have never worked in film or television so I wasn't entirely sure what to expect. It turned out to be really cool. I even got to stand in for the model so they could set the lighting, it was really intense in front of the bright lights, for a moment I almost imagined that I forgot my lines. When they shot the scenes they had to have absolute complete silence, that meant even turning off the air conditioning and it was so so hot. The lights generated so much heat, the make-up artist kept powdering the model's face in between takes, I figured she must have had 20 layers on by the end. I asked the make-up artist if they use regular make-up because I was amazed at how flawless the models looked, apparently they use special foundation made for T.V. but the rest was just regular. Then she commented that I have amazing skin and I thought she was putting me on, I told her it was something I struggle with all the time. Oh and then we discussed the magic of Manuka Honey, I recommend it highly by the way. That's a whole other story though. So my part was at the very end of the day, I was nervous waiting for it the whole time. I just did what the director asked for and it wasn't as stressful as I imagined, I actually thought it was pretty fun. I am really crossing my fingers and hoping that I get called back to work some more, it was much more exciting than what I'm used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment