October 26, 2010


I saw this in a thrift store recently, it was wooden and obviously homemade, I thought it was sweet. Tonight I helped set up an event in the basement of a hotel, it was for a company that I work for sometimes. I got there early in the afternoon, I didn't know how long we would be there so I didn't bring anything to eat, I assumed we would take a break if we were there for long. At one point the hotel staff came down to bring us a menu in case we wanted to order room service, my eyes got really wide because by then it was so late, I was beginning to get delirious. My boss picked up the menu, glanced at it and then tossed it down, I realized then that there was not going to be any food at all. I spoke up and said that I was interested in eating dinner, my words just floated away unanswered. We just went on working in silence, I mean besides the music on the radio. My friend spoke up a little while later. She suggested that we get food delivered from a place she knew nearby, our boss said that it would insult the hotel to order from somewhere else. I just kept working and could not stop thinking about food, I stared blankly into space just crazed over the fact that we weren't taking a break. So here I am at 11 pm finally eating dinner. I just don't understand people who are not interested in eating. Walking to the train after I finally got to leave I passed a woman on the sidewalk who was jogging backwards. It was really weird, I felt like a starving character in a David Lynch movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment