March 27, 2011












New in the shop, several cotton 1960s era mini dresses, lots of new shoes and an incredible 1970s era leather trench coat. It is seriously killer, I was so excited when I found it. I have been so busy lately I haven't had enough time to list new things in the shop, it feels good to get some of it up. I have been working a lot at my freelance job, next week will be the same. On Saturday I took a cooking class, it was amazing. It was Thai cooking, we learned how to make Pad Thai, Yellow Curry, Mango Salad and Pad Kee Mao. This evening I tried to make the pad thai, it was pretty good but next time I make it it will be better. I wasn't too keen on the 1/4 cup of sugar, I like sweet things for sure but I don't like the idea of pouring that much into something I am going to have for dinner. I tried using agave instead, I think it worked out ok, next time I will use a little less, I don't like it too sweet. I also didn't use chicken or chicken broth, just tofu. After we learned how to make everything at the restaurant we sat down and they served us all the dishes together, it was so much food, I don't recall being that full at any time in recent memory. We drank wine at 2 in the afternoon, it was very decadent. Here is the recipe, the numbers scrawled on the side are the order in which the ingredients were added. The first 4 are first and that is 1 tbs of paprika, not 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment